Should I have my rug professionally finished?
If you’re making a rug intended for floor use, you might opt to have it professionally finished, since this will extend the lifetime of your piece and make for a polished final look. Many rug and carpet repair services offer rug-finishing, including serging or binding, at reasonable prices.
Below is a partial list of businesses that offer rug-finishing, but if you don’t see your region on this list, you might reach out to local rug stores or carpet manufacturing businesses for recommendations.
• Bond Products, Philadelphia, PA
• PAFCO products, Buffalo, NY
• Atiyeh Brothers, Portland, OR
• HM Nabavian & Sons, New York, NY
• CBS Carpet Binding, Hyattsville, MD
• Da Burns, Seattle, WA
• Dallas Carpet Binding, Dallas, TX